Wednesday, June 7, 2017

After The Review ~ Dragon Knight's Axe

Between The Pages ~ After The Review 
A conversation with the Author 
Dragon Knight's Axe by Mary Morgan

What one thing would readers be surprised to know about you? 
I wanted to become the first woman astronaut in space. I love flying and learning about our universe. A passion I believe is in my genes, since my father had a pilot’s license and loved to fly, too. However, life took me in another direction. Yet, I’m like a kid whenever I travel on an airplane. It’s the closet I’ll ever get to outer space.

Where did the inspiration for Dragon Knight’s Axe come from?
Since my hero, Alastair MacKay has the power of the land and animals, it only made sense that he would flee to the sea to escape his bloodline. He wanted no part of his power or heritage after the death of his sister. In addition, I brought my love of Ireland into the story, and Alastair became a trader on the sea with Norse companions. In researching medieval trading posts, I came across an archeological site called Dunnyneill Island. It’s located in the Northern part of Ireland. My inspiration for the story and the heroine began after reading about this place.

What was your favorite chapter (or part) to write and why? 
The Epilogue is my absolute favorite part to write in any one of my books. It’s like a breath of fresh air after all the trials, tensions, and any battles. It’s a place of peace and contentment, and I always smile (sometimes with tears) while I’m writing the scene.

Where will the fourth book in the Dragon Knight’s series take us? 
The oldest Dragon Knight, Angus MacKay returns to Scotland. He’s been away in France fighting in tournaments. An opportunity presents itself and he finds he must return to his home. This is a reunion of all the MacKay men and it will be epic! Of course, the villain, Lachlan is not far behind.

Are you working on a new writing project? 
Yes! I’m working on a spin-off from the Dragon Knights called, Legends of the Fenian Warriors. The first story is Conn MacRoich’s titled, Quest of a Warrior. It’s scheduled for release June 30, 2017. I went deeper into the paranormal fantasy realm and enjoyed creating my own Irish mythological world. In addition, I’ve just completed a holiday Dragon Knights book. The story involves Desmond O’Quinlan, the brother of Fiona from Dragon Knight’s Axe. I truly enjoyed returning to Urquhart Castle and all the MacKay men and their families. A Highland Moon Enchantment will release this holiday season.

Where can we find you and your books online? 
I love making new friends! My website is a great source for all information. If you get a chance, do check out my pinterest page for my visual sources of inspiration.
Website: http://www.marymorganauthor.com
Amazon author page: http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Morgan/e/B00KPE3NWI/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/marymorgan50/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MaryMorganAuthor/

1 comment:

Angela said...

I can't wait to read Quest of a Warrior here in a few weeks.