Monday, January 29, 2018

Publisher's Pick - January 2018

My Publisher Picks are not necessarily from books I've currently read this month. I may have read the book prior to this year, maybe even the year before. I choose a book from my favourite reads I've read in the past, which I can still remember today. The story was 'that good'!

However, my pick for January is a book I read two weeks ago.
I recommend picking up a copy of Good Bones by L.A. Kelley today! I gave this story five stars at the half way point of the book. It was 'that good'. The author's story telling is seamless, drawing you in immediately. The mystery was captivating. I did not want to put this book down. I've read other books by L.A. Kelley and enjoyed those as well. I recommend checking out the writings by this author. https://lakelleythenaughtylist.blogspot.ca/
Here's my review of Good Bones in case you missed it...

Between The Pages 5 Star Review
This story has a little bit of everything: action, mystery, suspense, romance, and paranormal activity. The author grabs your attention in the first chapter and keeps you gripped to the pages. Jake and Katherine have a sweet chemistry from the moment they meet at the coffee shop. There are multi characters in this story, which could create some confusion, but the author does a great job of giving each character their own unique individuality; from the missing women, to the secondary cast of friends and co-workers, to the suspected killer, to Katherine’s Grampa’s voice, and to Whiskers – the cat you’ll want to cuddle. There are several scenes that make you laugh and many more that have you sitting on the edge of your seat. As the tension rises, you won’t to put this book down. The chase is riveting even once the killer is revealed. I highly recommend putting Good Bones at the top of your reading list. This book is a must read!

Good Bones
L. A. Kelley
May 2017
     No matter how challenging the case, psychologist Katherine Fleming never shirks from helping a patient confront a painful issue. Her keen powers of observation and compassionate nature have eased many troubled souls, but a homicide detective with a buried secret of his own stirs more than just clinical interest. 
     The first time Detective Jake Sumner spied the old house, he sensed the good bones. Little did he know the purchase of the property included an unusual tenant far from resting in peace. Can the new psychologist in town help him treat a ghostly trauma case or is his growing attraction to Katherine Fleming best left buried? 
     With the help of a mysterious white cat and a mystic mirror, Katherine and Jake join forces to solve a murder. Can they stop a killer from claiming the next victim or will their investigation only lead them six feet under?https://www.amazon.com/Good-Bones-L-Kelley-ebook/dp/B06XX7FQR8/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1492291509&sr=8-7&keywords=l.+a.+kelley

1 comment:

GiniRifkin said...

Congratulations L.A. Kelly for being a publisher's pick. I'll be checking out this book, sounds like a perfect read for me.